It’s Watermelon season which means watermelons at your local market are juicier and less expensive than ever! Did you know that this summer favorite has many health benefits! You Can Eat the Rind: The rind contains health-promoting and blood-building chlorophyll and even contains more citrulline (amino acid) than the pink flesh! Throw it in the blender with your morning smoothie for some easy health benefits! It Lives Up to Its Name: Watermelon is more than 91 percent water. This means that eating watermelon with you on a hot summer day is a tasty way to help you stay hydrated and avoid dehydration when supplemented with plenty of water. Try this recipe for a yummy summer Watermelon drink!
- 8-10 strawberries
- 1 cup watermelon, cut and cubed
- 1/4 peeled cucumber
- Cut your watermelon into large cubes and remove the rind.
- Peel and cut your cucumber into large pieces.
- Put all ingredients in your blender
- Pour contents into a glass and refrigerate for 1 hour (it definitely tastes best when cold!)